Pages

All Things Bacon Android App

Remember to check out the All Things Bacon Android App!
Bringing the latest and greatest Bacon news to your smartphone.
All Things Bacon Android App

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ultimate Man Dinner

I have no idea where this originally came from, but it got sent to me by Banch and I am loving the idea! I am going to have to try this the next time I am left to fend for myself!

Here’s what you are going to need
 I used a loaf of hard crusted Italian bread, 3 ribeye steaks 1 lb mushrooms, an onion and some bacon.




 Hollow out bread


 Cook that shit
 try to leave the steaks a little rare as they will carry over cook a little more in the sandwich

 Shove one of the steaks in the bread

Sauce the steak
 I like to have to halves of the sandwich different so I use half thick worchschire sauce and half dijon mustard and horse raddish sauce

 Layer of bacon - I maintain that more Bacon could have been used!

 Layer of swiss cheese

 Stuff in as much of the mushroom and onion mixture you can

  Then the other steak along with the juices from the pan

 A little more sauce

 Top off with more swiss

 Put the top of the loaf back on
 
Wrap in butchers paper

Wrap in foil

Put a heavy cutting board on top to squish it down

Now weight and wait and wait
I used 140lbs of weight and let it sit for 4 hours

Take weight off


Cut and enjoy.



7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but anyone who actually tries to make this thing will figure out pretty quick that the "Ultimate MAN Dinner" is just a very elaborate internet joke. If you just look at the photo progression you can tell that this thing is not real. By the time the mushrooms and onions are added, the bread bowl is filled all the way to the top, so how did they get the other steak to fit in there so neatly. Also, the cut finished product clearly has thick ham slices in it, not ribeye steaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been done.. it is a real thing.. now I must wait..

      Delete
  2. I made it. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should call I'm not hungry today kind of sandwich:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous guy claiming its fake: ur an idiot, ive had it and it works... nice try though

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made this in the summer, and will be making it for Grey Cup this weekend !

    ReplyDelete